Experience two of Switzerland’s hidden gems, featuring spectacular mountains and the tranquility of Lake Lucerne
Klosters, a delightful Alpine village enclosed by imposing mountains combined with the picturesque lakeside village of Brunnen from £1,147 per person
This holiday suggestion combines two of Switzerland’s quieter resorts which both benefit from famous neighbours.
Klosters lies in a peaceful, wide valley and has the Klosters/Davos Inclusive Card giving you FREE and unlimited travel on mountain railways and cable cars as well as local buses, whilst Brunnen is situated on Lake Lucerne, one of Switzerland’s most impressive lakes. To be accurate Brunnen is where Lake Uri flows into Lake Lucerne.
On this 7 night holiday, you start in the mountains at Klosters for 3 nights before travelling down to the idyllic lakeside setting of Brunnen for 4 nights.
Day 1. Arrive and get to know Klosters
Flight from the UK to Zurich followed by 1st class rail travel to Klosters. The resort nestles in a broad valley enclosed by impressive mountains. Check in to your hotel for your 3 night stay.
Days 2-3. Explore the Graubünden mountains and villages
Staying in Klosters is greatly enhanced by FREE transport including mountain railways, buses and cable cars, giving you unlimited access to wonderful walks and excursions for exploring the region. The local mountain of Madrisa offers beautiful walks as well as an Alpine adventure park, while your Davos/Klosters Inclusive Card also includes travel to the town of Davos with a variety of beautiful mountain funicular and cable cars. You could add a day trip on the Bernina Express to Tirano in Italy – with time to enjoy an Italian lunch! Not included in the price.
Day 4. Travel 1st class to Brunnen
Travel by 1st class train to the beautiful resort of Brunnen with a short transfer to your lakeside hotel.
Time to explore a totally different side of Switzerland based around the warmer lakes.
Days 5-7. The lakes and mountains of Central Switzerland
Brunnen sits peacefully on the lakeside, with stunning views down the length of Lake Uri to the snowy peaks around Gotthard. This is the heart of Switzerland, with the Rütli Meadow - birthplace of the Swiss Confederation - close at hand. Brunnen is well connected for exploring the lake and has a nearby cable car to take you to Urmiberg. This local mountain high above the lake makes for the perfect place to relax and enjoy the spectacular view. You could also take the bus to Morschach's cable car station for journeys to the idyllic village of Stoos, with its authentic alpine cottages, and on to Fronalpstock with beautiful views from the sunny plateau.
Day 8. Last day
Time for a last stroll around the village before the 1st class rail journey from Brunnen back to Zurich airport for your flight home.
Your holiday includes a Half Fare Card, which entitles you to 50% reduction on all the excursions mentioned above while staying in Brunnen. We can also advise you on a selection of great value travel passes. In Klosters, you'll have FREE local mountain travel with the Davos/Klosters Inclusive Card.
YOUR HOLIDAY PRICE INCLUDES:
view booking conditions
Holiday with 4 star hotels
- Return scheduled flights from Heathrow to Zurich with Swiss International Airlines. All airport taxes and security charges
- 1st class rail travel from Zurich airport to Klosters and local transfer to your hotel
- 3 nights' bed and breakfast accommodation in a standard double room with bath or shower at the Sunstar Boutique Hotel Albeina in Klosters
- 1st class rail travel from Klosters to Brunnen
- Return local transfers to your hotel
- 4 nights' bed and breakfast accommodation in a standard double room with bath or shower at the Seehotel Wäldstatterhof in Brunnen
- 1st class rail travel from Brunnen to Zurich airport
- Davos/Klosters Inclusive Card offering FREE transport including mountain railways, buses and cable cars around Klosters. Half Fare Card giving you half or reduced price travel on most trains, PostBuses and lake steamers whilst in Brunnen.
- Full detailed itinerary sent with all tickets
- Financial protection ATOL 3148. Booking conditions apply
Build your own lakes and mountains holiday
Not quite the perfect holiday? We can tailor make it to suit you:
- Add extra nights in Klosters or Brunnen
- Include dinner on a half board basis
- Upgrade your hotel room for even more beautiful views
- Add a trip on the scenic Bernina Express to Tirano from Klosters
- Add additional resorts - create your own Grand Tour