Now the Botanical Gardens of the Canton of Ticino, the gardens were originally started in the 19th century by Baroness Antoinette de la St Léger, as an artistic haven. From 1927, the gardens were further developed along with the Villa, Orangerie and Roman bathhouse by Max Emden until the local towns purchased these beautiful islands in 1949. Today over 1,500 species of plants grow in this mild climate, most of which are subtropical with their origins from around the world. Open from April to October.
FREE travel to the boat station with the Ticino Ticket. Return boat trip 36 Sfr; entrance to the gardens 8 Sfr.